Best Smoothies - Providence
Now that Spring is here and Summer's around the corner, where does everyone find their favorite smoothies?
By my criteria, fresh or frozen ingredients must be used (not smoothie-flavoring gel #3 from a jar, as is the case in the Starbucks chains I've been to) and the smoothie must actually be *smooth*, not icy...
That said, I haven't had many around here, but my favorites are:
1) Three Sisters: Oak Hill/Blackstone
- The closest to what I make at home. Fairly smooth, but still with a clump of ice at the bottom
2) Coffee Edge: Wayland Square
- Also nice and smooth, but still with a clump of ice at the bottom. I *love* their green tea smoothie
Worth considering if already there
Jac's Wraps: Pawtucket
- They're merely OK. Since Jac's seems never to be open when I'm by there, I can't see if they've improved at all
Not worth trying:
Ben and Jerry's
- At least the one on Thayer is mostly all ice and mostly tasteless.
Other favorites that everyone has?
yay for Crazy Burger! That place is one of my favorites. Their homemade dense little chocolate cookies are just divine and in summer it's so much fun to eat breakfast out on the flower-filled patio in the back. I always scoop up a bunch of those cookies to take home. Has anyone tried the new CB? I know it's in the northern part of the state somewhere and it opened about a year ago?