Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Chicago Area >
Apr 7, 2007 12:03 PM

Little chocolate cups

Has anyone seen those little chocolate cups used for liquers or other fillings? I live in the NW burbs but will travel to get them. If you know where to buy them please share. Thanks.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. I've seen them at Sunset Foods Grocery (Highland park, Northbrook, and Lake Forest locations) as well as Fox and Obel and at least one Whole Foods downtown... Sorry I don't know the W. Burbs well enough to be more specific!

    1. You can usually find them in a good cake or candy supply store. If you want to be sure of the quality of the chocolate, they aren't hard to make yourself. Just melt chocolate over simmering water, leaving the last few little chunks to stir in off the heat. Turn over little muffin pans, metalic muffin papers, or any small container and spray with pam or cover tightly with foil. Pour chocolate over the top (give the chocolate a few seconds to cool a little before you use it so that it doesn't just run off the sides. Set to cool in the fridge or in a cool room is fine.

      2 Replies
      1. re: fayehess

        Thanks to both of you. I think I might try the molding over the mini-muffin tin. What a great idea!

        1. re: twodales

          Found these at Cost Plus here in Chicago. 18 for $4.59 Didn't have success with the molding but I will try again in the future when I have more time. Thanks again.

      2. The original comment has been removed