Portsmouth ideas for a "company dinner" for 10
I'm organizing a conference in Portsmouth and I need to select a location to have a "speaker dinner" for aprox 10 people.
It needs to be:
- nice but not over the top expensive
- mainstream - nothing funky or fun that might not appeal to everyone - ie, not ethnic (I'm even hesitant to consider blue mermaid)
- in the downtown area - ideally with in walking distance of the hotel (250 Market Street). If you have several suggestions I'll figure out what's located where.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
I can't think of many great options in downtown Portsmouth. Aside from not many private rooms, there's not much middle of the road--it's either a bar type place, or pricey. Here are a few suggestions:
- Sports Page - Good simple food (burgers, steak tips, fish sandwiches, etc.). I'd say they'd be able to arrange for you to have your own corner of the restaurant.
- Portsmouth Brewery - Middle of the road food. Big table in a private corner.
- AK's Bistro - Haven't been there since it changed hands. It used to be an Irish pub and the upstairs is/was private.
- Anthony Alberto's - Very good but pricey. There is a small private room in the back.
- Blue Mermaid - Personally, I think it stinks...
Years ago, my company had a private dinner at the Library. mainstream menu - something for everyone. it's walking distance, right there.