Alta tonight what shall I order!
Going on a date tonight at Alta. I have been told about brussel sprouts, skirt steak and fried goat cheese. Others you like... thanks
The bistilla of chicken confit, ceamy eggs, scallion with piri piri sauce, was really, really good. Lamb meatballs very good but a tiny dish, not good for sharing. We did split the paprika potato gratin, caramelized onions, piquillo, and manchego cheese and it was absolutely delicious. The pork ribs okay were only okay. One typo on the menu cracked me up, "sea scallops, artichoke puree, yuzu mayonnaise, ‘slamon’ caviar."
That must have been some caviar.
Bacon-wrapped dates and almonds. Chorizo-wrapped shrimp. They used to do an awesome take on hen of the woods mushrooms, but I don't see it on the menu anymore.
ok i had a great date and mixed reviews with the food.
1. skirt steak-mediocre-a little tough, overly citrusy crema with lime
2, bacon wrapped dates-pretty good, not as strong as same dish at boqueria. a tad mushy
3. "philly" cream cheese fried with truffle oil-very tasty, not too greasy
4. flat bread with cheese-average
5. flakey chicken roll- very good, good spicy dipping sauce
6. brussel sprouts-caramelized, slighlty charred, very tasty
drink-light and dark sangria. perfectly fine, not too sweet
the room-great farmhouse-looking wood tables, great bi-level concept
overall i would recommend alta, but with a measure of hesitation