Brunch 'n' Laundry: Sugestions for a killer combo?
My roommates and I are always on the lookout for a laundromat that's situated close to a good brunch place. Close enough that we can linger over coffee and omelets while waiting for the washers and driers to do their thing. The criteria:
1) PROXIMITY The laundry and brunch shouldn't be more than a block apart.
2) PROPRIETY The brunch place should be casual enough that we can linger, and not so busy that the waitstaff will be annoyed by our lingering at 10am on a week-end.
3) LOCATION Somewhere within 25 minutes' drive of Central Square.
Any suggestions? (Usually we hit up Metropolitan Laundry and Dimitrio's on Brookline St in Cambridge, but they don't really do brunch. We enjoy The Broken Yolk in Somerville for outdoor seating in the warm weather.)
The Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown fits the bill, with 2 reasonably-priced laundromats within a block. Also, if you were up for a big Cuban breakfast, El Oriental in JP is on the same block as JP Laundry.
There's a laundry up the road from The Neighborhood Restaurant (about 1-1/2 blocks away) that I'm pretty sure is self-serve as well as they'll do it for you/dry cleaning service. Laundry is located opposite the bottom of Putnam St.
- The original comment has been removed
Brookline family restaurant in brookline village is about a block from a laundromat (at the corner of Cypress & Washington)
not sure if this counts as "brunch" but what i used to do was cafe/laundry:
1) oxford spa (there's a laundromat half block down on oxford st) and they have sandwiches, sweets, etc.
2) cafe rustica and/or petsi pies (on beacon) and the laundromat right next door
3) also bside lounge has a great laid-back brunch, and i believe there's a laundromat a few blocks away on hampshire street, next to cafe kiraz.