Just made mushroom barley soup with week old mushrooms. Other than being a bit slimey (I just wiped them off), they seemed ok. There's no danger in using them, right? The soup tastes great.
Mushrooms are already fungus, so how much worse can they get? I've never met a mushroom I wouldn't eat! Well maybe if they actually grow mold on them.....
Most Recommended Discussions on Home Cooking
Mar 8, 2014
What's for Dinner #281 - The...
9 minutes ago
Excellent Taco Recommendations
about 2 hours ago
What cookbooks have you bought...
43 minutes ago
Weight Watchers Foodies -- March...
about 14 hours ago
How to make dried beans rehydrate...
about 3 hours ago
40 Impressive Birthday Cake Recipes
See All 41 Recipes »
About/Contact CHOW |
Posting Guidelines |
CBS Entertainment | About CBS Interactive | Jobs | Advertise