HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Are you making a specialty food? Get great advice

I'm hoping you can help me..... pizza/foccacia

sunfyer Mar 1, 2007 05:58 PM

This is going to sound very very silly, but stay with me... I used to work in the bakery department of a grocery store where we made foccacia bread on a daily basis...when makign the foccacia we would stretch the dough with our fists and then slap it down on the work bench and "poke it" with a plastic "comb" or sorts that helped the dough stay streched out... now I would LOVE to know what the heck the proper name for that utensil is, because I'd like to search online to buy one for home... now I know this is weird, and I would so very much appreciate any help you can offer me. It's been years since I worked in that store and I STILL want to know what to call that THING!

Brooke :)

  1. s
    sunfyer Mar 2, 2007 06:43 AM

    Thank you soooo much!! I'm going to go look for one RIGHT NOW! :):):)

    1. f
      Fid Mar 1, 2007 06:25 PM

      It's a pastry roller docker.

      Show Hidden Posts