Just curious to see if anyone knows whether Cafe Prague has changed hands? I went there for lunch yesterday and it seems like it is now Asian owned? I used to go there at lunch and it had a great vibe and decent food.
Just a quick update - I had dinner at Cafe Prague today. It's still run by Czechs (and most of the customers at the bar were also conversing in Czech).
The food was somewhat hit-and-miss though:
- Tomato soup was creamy & delicious, and the accompanying slice of foccacia bread was unbelievable!
- Lentil & bacon soup was a bit watery, but the flavor grows on you gradually;
- Goulash paprika with dumplings was incredibly bland (BLEAH!) - maybe I should have tried the Hungarian version which, according to the very friendly waiter, has the addition of sour cream;
- Roast pork loin with cabbage & dumplings was similarly bland (but the braised cabbage had a buttery-lemony flavor & was delicious on its own);
- Poached dumplings filled with whole strawberries, and topped with icing sugar & served with ice-cream & vanilla sauce.. It was very good & absolutely addictive.
The Krusovice light beer was foamy & delicious. Overall, a really nice & comfy place (love the rustic decor). I'll definitely be back for the tomato soup/foccacia & beers.
Glad to see that it's still a Czech joint.
When I was there, there were only three entrees on the menu -- is that still the case?
The food wasn't great (it was bearable for someone wanting a Czech food fix), but the beer was excellent.