Just a quick update - I had dinner at Cafe Prague today. It's still run by Czechs (and most of the customers at the bar were also conversing in Czech).
The food was somewhat hit-and-miss though:
- Tomato soup was creamy & delicious, and the accompanying slice of foccacia bread was unbelievable!
- Lentil & bacon soup was a bit watery, but the flavor grows on you gradually;
- Goulash paprika with dumplings was incredibly bland (BLEAH!) - maybe I should have tried the Hungarian version which, according to the very friendly waiter, has the addition of sour cream;
- Roast pork loin with cabbage & dumplings was similarly bland (but the braised cabbage had a buttery-lemony flavor & was delicious on its own);
- Poached dumplings filled with whole strawberries, and topped with icing sugar & served with ice-cream & vanilla sauce.. It was very good & absolutely addictive.
The Krusovice light beer was foamy & delicious. Overall, a really nice & comfy place (love the rustic decor). I'll definitely be back for the tomato soup/foccacia & beers.