- nummanumma Feb 22, 2007 12:20 PM
fabulous fabulous fabulous! Given that the place has been open a week, i'm overlooking little glitches (like overcooked meat)...if this place improves at anywhere near the rate that say, Cava, did, then it'll be my favorite place. I could find no fault with the service, I loved the room, and of course i'm in love with Claudio. Inventive and exciting. I can't wait to go back in a bit and see how it develops.
oh yeah, I should tell you what I ate (declining to pick apart every detail, particularly as is one week old):
-lentil soup, with grapes (!), basmati milk foam, and a paneer crisp (good- liked the grape addition, didn't rock my world but you gotta appreciate the effort)
-roasted veg, with a lemon aioli and cauliflower puree (great preparation for veg)
- potato with poached egg tart/ cheese crisp (asiago i think) - mmmmmm.
- squid, deep-fried- with chorizo, pear, peanut and mango sauce
- hen - two ways- one stuffed with chorizo...don't remember what else on that plate...
- pork tenderloin with blueberry sauce, a stilton-risotto cake, squash puree and pork belly with a pineapple gelatin.