Incanto "Quinto Quarto"
Finally got around to trying Incanto's "Quinto Quarto" fixed-price offal dinner
- crisp-fried sweetbreads with soft noodle-like beef tendon, minutina, and fresh chiles: amazing, the best thing I've eaten in months, sort of Sichuan-Italian fusion
- Sicilian-style spleen panino: this was a variation of an item on the regular menu that night!
- pork tripe, beans, and blood cooked in a pig's bladder: also amazing
- whole roasted lamb's head smothered in onions (whole meaning one whole head per person: jowls, tongue, brain, eyeballs): tasty and lots of fun to eat
- candied cockscomb with candied kumquats, blood orange, and mint: very nice light dessert after the rich food
Cost $65 per person, optional $30 wine pairing was well worth it, the wines were very well matched.
I highly recommend this if you like that sort of thing. Book a week ahead for a party of two or more. I suggest not too many more as you're more likely to get more insanely labor-intensive items (like the bladder) with a smaller party.
Speaking of offal, the 4th annual head-to-tail dinner is May 21. They're also having a book-signing dinner for Marco Pierre White on May 8.
Funny coincidence--I had a combined "Whole Beast" and "Quinto Quarto" meal at Incanto on Sunday night. Fourteen of us consumed an entire lamb, along with hearts, kidneys, sweetbreads, fries (testicles), liver, etc ... and the lamb's head was served precisely as the OP describes it. I was dazzled. A wonderful experience, oddly soothing and satisfying. Highly, highly recommended.