Fresh lemon jello ideas?
So easy. So good
2 cups of lemonade
1 package of of Knox Gelatin
Put one cup of lemonade in a bowl and sprinkle with gelatin
Bring the other cup of lemonade to a boil and add to gelatin mixture.
Stir. Chill. Eat.
How to improve on this? What would be a good combo. I could use one cup of lemonade and one cup of ... what?
In the summer I made a combo of
- Blackberry red wine gelatin
- Orange basil gelatin
- Pineapple ginger gelatin
- Fresh strawberry white merlot
What would be a good idea for lemon jello?
The lemon tree is loaded with lemons. What is cool is I can control the sugar. They are mild lemons so usually 2 tablespoons of sugar is enough to produce a tasty, refreshing tart/sweet dessert.
Summer adventures in fresh fruit jello
i just made this great mandarin orange/lemon pie last night. i don't remember where on the internet i got it, but i will footnote appropriately when i find the source. i've changed it around a bit from the original recipe - it was asking for too much sugar, i thought. perhaps i didn't need a full cup of sugar b/c i used meyer lemons, which are naturally sweeter? i've added my notes accordingly.
Mandarin Orange Lemon Pie
1/2 box of graham crackers (about 1/2 lb or so)
1/3 to 1/2 cup melted butter
1 envelope unflavored gelatine (I used Knox)
2 tablespoons cold water
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar (** I used about 1/3 - 1/2 cup **)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons worth - I used Meyer Lemons, but regular lemons are good as well)
2 cups heavy whipping cream (this is MORE than enough)
1 can (10 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained (I couldn't find 10 oz, so I used about 11 oz)
- Crush graham crackers - I put them into a large ziploc and then pounded it down with the back of a knife. Very stress relieving.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the crushed graham crackers. Then press it into a 9" pie plate, along the bottom and up the sides. Then keep refridgerated.
- Mix gelatine with cold water. Stir in boiling water. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until it starts to thicken. Make sure it doesn't get too thick - you want it to really catch it as it STARTS to thicken. I think it was over an hour, maybe even close to 2 hours, but not over that amount of time.
- Whip cream until thick. Fold half of the whipped cream into the gelatine mixture, until blended. Fold in the mandarin oranges. Spoon into the crumb crust. Top with the remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate 3 - 4 hours.
- I had way too much whipped cream, I think I whipped the cream for too long and a lot of air got mixed into it. Either way, it turned out delicious! Such a light and citrusy treat on these warm days. I hope you enjoy it!
Boil lobsters and linguine in 4 qts. water and a pack of lemon jello. Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.
How about ice tea jello? 1 cup of cold strong tea and 1 cup of lemonade with the packet of gelatin. Would that work?