Seeking a yummy chicken casserole recipe
thanks! must have cheese in it!
See my recipe for easy Chicken and rice. When done place in a casserole with chunks of cheese of your choice and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Chicken Tamale Pie
Posted by Bettie in AK
1 pkg. corn muffin mix
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can Campbell's cream of chicken soup
1 tsp. chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (4oz.) chopped green chilies
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup whole kernel corn
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl, combine muffin mix and cheese. Prepare according to package directions.
2. In saucepan, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Heat through.
3. Spoon muffin mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole. Spoon hot soup mixture over the muffin mixture to within 1/2 inch of edge. Bake 25 minutes or until cornbread is golden. Garnish with additional cheese, green onions, and sliced cherry tomatoes, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
I don't have green onions, I use regular onions.
I sometime add a can of black beans, drained.
Our youth club's chicken casserole, also known as "2-cup dump":
2 c. cooked chicken
2 c. chicken broth
2 c. uncooked macaroni
2 c. shredded cheese
2 cans cream of whatever soup (or equivalent sauce if you prefer)
1/2 c. chopped onion (optional if you're serving kids who don't love them)
Mix it all together in a 9x13 pan and cook, covered, at 350 for about an hour and a half, until the macaroni is tender.
As simple as this is, it's absolutely delicious! The kids love it, and every time we have it at youth club I end up coming home and making it again the next day.
I make a delicious chicken lasagne - with bechamel sauce, parmesan and ricotta. I recommend using either fresh lasagne noodles or pre-cooked regular ones, not the oven ready type. And the recipe can easily be doubled to make a regular sized lasagne pan (this makes just an 8 or 9-inch square pan). I have also made it with mushrooms (very good) and seafood (shrimp and/or crab) instead of the chicken.
Creamy Chicken Lasagne
12 regular lasagne noodles (not the oven ready type), cooked until tender
1/4 cup butter
1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
10 oz. package fresh (or frozen chopped) spinach
1 cup ricotta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350o F (180o C).
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the shredded carrot and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Add the flour, cook, stirring for another minute or two, then whisk in the milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and begins to simmer. Now dump in the chicken and the 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and cook for just another couple of minutes - until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
If you’re using fresh spinach, wash it thoroughly, then steam it (or microwave it in a covered casserole on high power for about 5 minutes) or until it is completely wilted. Drain well, and chop coarsely. If you’re using frozen spinach, just thaw it and squeeze out the water.
In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese and the egg, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a lightly greased 8 or 9 inch (20 or 23 cm) square baking dish, layer the ingredients in the following order:
1. 1/2 cup (of the chicken mixture;
2. 1/4 of the lasagne noodles (cut and pieced to fit);
3. The spinach, sprinkled with a little Parmesan cheese;
4. 1/4 of the lasagne noodles (cut and pieced to fit);
5. The ricotta cheese mixture, sprinkled with a little Parmesan cheese;
6. 1/4 of the lasagne noodles (cut and pieced bla bla bla);
7. The rest of the chicken mixture;
8. The rest of the lasagne noodles;
9. The rest of the Parmean cheese.
Cover the dish loosely with foil wrap, and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. (If you are using an 8 inch baking dish, it will be quite full - place the dish on a baking sheet to prevent it leaking out all over your oven.)
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
How about King Ranch Casserole? It's easy is you don't mind cooking with soup. Just Google the recipe.