Not sure if it helps, but I'll give you the last 5 first-time places I've been to:
- Reale's Pizza & Cafe: loved it, try anything with their house marinara sauce
- Bangkok Cuisine: good Thai food at a good price
- Beck's On Congress: terrible - http://www.chowhound.com/topics/35158...
- Pars Deli: so-so Mediterranean food, which closes everyday at 8:00 anyway, so that's probably not much help
- Appregio's: better Mediterranean food, but the eating area inside is pretty depressing
Sorry for lack of better descriptions. I'm feeling lazy tonight.