21 P : 21 Reasons Not to Go
Went to 21 P for the first time on Friday and it was quite the experience. Below are the reasons why one should not go.
1. Waited 20 minutes before waiter/waitress came to get our drink order.
2. 2 of the signature drinks we ordered could not be made because they lacked a certain ingredient (the drink was suggested to us by the individual who eventually took our drink order).
3. My Bombay and tonic was 90% tonic.
4. All the other drinks we had were similarly weak.
5. Supposed extra 4th course was just mashed potatoes with a lil truffle oil inside a fried wonton not very tasty at all.
6. Description by waitress of food was less descriptive then menu.
7. Wait for first course was an extra 20 minutes.
8. Rack of lamb with mascarpone polenta was very fatty and overcooked (i understand a rack of lamb is fatty but this was a little over the top).
9. Dessert of Bread pudding extremely overcooked and strawberry sauce on top was bitter and made a bad dessert horrible.
10. Bathrooms were dirty and appeared to have not been attended to all night.
11. Many other service/food issues but bottom line is it was a horrible experience.
Looking for 10 more reasons if anyone else has had a similar experience.
I live down the street from this place, and can't wait for it to fail. You are right. It totally sucks. I went twice and both times were as bad as what you describe. It looks nice from outside and captures tourists. That's it.
My wife and I went there about a week ago, and we had a fine meal. Our waiter was attentive, and the food was good. Maybe we hit it on a good night, or you hit it on a bad one?