HOME > Chowhound > Los Angeles Area >
Are you making a specialty food?

Savory Korean Donut Question

banjoboy Jan 21, 2007 08:45 PM

I recently had a snack at the Koreatown Galleria bakery (the one in the supermarket downstairs). It was donut-shaped, deep-fried, and filled with what I assume was potato and other spices.

Can anyone tell me what this is called? Or recommend other places to find them?

  1. b
    banjoboy Jan 22, 2007 04:58 PM

    Thanks for the info everyone.

    1. d
      doughnut Jan 21, 2007 10:15 PM

      theyre called korokke. its japanglish and konglish for croquette.

      1 Reply
      1. re: doughnut
        PseudoNerd Jan 22, 2007 03:32 AM

        Various korokke are available at pretty much any Korean and Japanese bakery. I've found it easier to find veggie ones (but they sometimes have little bits of ham or something else as well) at Korean bakeries and curry ones at Japanese bakeries.

      2. o
        onetomato Jan 21, 2007 09:39 PM

        i think you're talking about the veggie donut. it's basically a donut filled with diff veggies, carrots, onions, potatoes and fried. sometimes they put potato salad in it, or sometimes curry.

        1. Bon Vivant Jan 21, 2007 09:09 PM

          I don't know what that particular treat is called by I know that Mil Hama Bakery on the southwest corner of 6th and Kenmore has a lot of savory goods so you might be able to find it there.


          Show Hidden Posts