Searching for restaurant in Columbus, Ohio
Looking for dinner for this Friday night. Here are the requirements:
1) Must be on East side (New Albany, Gahanna, Bexley, etc.)
or Short North of Columbus
2) Absolutely NO CHAIN restaurants
3) American/homestyle, Italian, Asian, Mexican, Fusion, etc.
4) A place where you need to get a little dressed up (DH can't wear jeans)
5) Dinner for 2 (w/o liquor) is <$50, 2 entrees & dessert
6) Reservations would be a plus
7) No Clarmont, Thom is a big smoking advocate
If you haven't been to Basi yet, it meets your criteria.
It is off of Buttles between Neil and High. Print out a map before you go. It should cost you right about $50 for 2 entrees and a dessert. Smoking is now illegal at restaurants throughout the state, so I don't know what you mean by #7. They take reservations and have valet parking.
I haven't been to Ocean Club since it was re-modeled. It is a Cameron Mitchell restaurant and we normally don't do chains. Has the menu changed to include more seafood? Last time I was there, it was a majority of lake fish and we are more seafood people. Anyone know if the menu is more seafood friendly?
How about the Turkish place at Easton? I think they changed their name to Turkish Cuisine, but it's still the Cafe Istanbul people. I liked it when I went there and it was Cafe Istanbul.