Pierogies in Metro Detroit
Please share with me your opinions as to where to find the best pierogies in Metro Detroit and why. Will it be in Hamtramck, Troy, Rochester, Wyandotte, or somewhere yet undiscovered?
Thanks for your help!
My sister-in-law's father patrols the Hamtramack church bazaars for the finest in farm cheese pierogis. Delicious.
Try Kopytko's Meat Market in Hamtramck. Their kielbasa is out of this world, and so I'd bet their pierogies are, too. Let us know if you try them.
- The original comment has been removed
Judith Harris Solomon of the Detroit News recently published a taste test of pierogi from five local establishments.
Ranked from best to worst were
1. Glass Onion Café in Clinton Township.
2. Polish Market in Hamtramck, Macomb Township, Troy and Wyandotte.
3. Pyza European Homemade Cooking Carry-out and Catering in Shelby Township.
4. Polonious Restaurant in Wyandotte
5. Utica Heights Bakery in Utica.
The full article is at
Although I can't vouch for either, I've heard many good things about the pierogi at Steve's Three Brothers Restaurant 17820 W. Warren Avenue in the Warrendale neighborhood of Detroit.
and for take-out Lila's Pierogi, 27811 Five Mile, Livonia.
However, I can vouch for the delicious pierogi at the Polish diner Jim's Place Family Dining at 13245 Michigan Ave in Dearborn. They're excellent.