Dorie Greenspan's Brown Sugar Pecan Shortbread recipe?
Would anyone be able to post a paraphrased version of this recipe for me or email it to me directly at "email.joanne AT gmail.com"
The reviews of the cookies make them sound delicious and I want to add to them to a dessert party menu.
I just took Dorie's book ("Baking From My Home to Yours") out of the library this afternoon. These cookies look scrumptious - here's the (paraphrased) recipe: If you make these please post the results.
1 1/2 c. a.p. flour
1/4 c. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
pinch ground cloves
8 oz. sweet butter - room temp.
3/4 c. packed lite brown sugar
1/2 c. pecans (fine ground)
Optional: confectioners sugar for dusting
1. Sift flour, cornstarch, salt & cloves.
2. Using a stand mixer w. paddle, beat butter & brown sugar on medium speed for 3 mins. or until smooth, reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients just until they disappear, add pecans - (don't overwork the dough).
3. Transfer dough inside a gallon sized ziploc & roll out to a 9 x 10 1/2" rectangle and 1/4" thickness. Turn and lift bag occasionally to avoid creases. When its the right size and thickness, seal bag (press out the air) and refrigerate dough at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
4. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
5. Line 2 baking sheets w/parchment or silpat.
6. Place ziploc on cutting board and slit open. Turn dough onto board. With a sharp knife, (and ruler as a guide) cut dough into 1-1/2" squares. Transfer to baking sheets and prick each cookie two times with fork, pushing tines through the cookies until they hit the sheet.
7. Bake 18-20 mins. rotating from top to bottom and front to back midway. They should be very pale and not take on much color.
8. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
Optional: dust with confectioner's sugar while still hot. Cool to room temp. before serving.