What foods comfort you the most when you've got the flu?
For me.. right now since I have the flu.. =/
- steaming jasmine rice w/ a little butter & chicken stock.
- italian shaved ice. (lemon flavor)
- tazo green ginger tea w/ lemon & honey.
Hope you feel better soon. I am on my 5th day of fever, body aches, headache, etc. I am sick of being sick. I have read two books already and have several Netflix films to watch--plus backlogged work that the office sent me (I did ask for it).
I ordered in several chinese food dishes on Wed and finished them up last night. I can't say these were comfort type foods but I needed something tasty/spicy or it's not appealing. I had hot and sour soup, spicy chicken and eggplant and a curry noodle dish.
Today I am back to chicken soup, toast and vitamin C. I have been staring at a rice pudding recipe that could be comforting to eat but no energy to prepare.
Got the flu (or something...seeing I got the flu shot) last night.
I just had soft scrambled eggs with a dallop of whipped cream cheese and chives with a side of fresh berries.
I would love a grilled cheese or some noodle soup later, but I am laying off the carbs for the next few weeks. Maybe some egg drop soup instead.
Speedy recovery everyone.
When growing up, my mom always made plain porridge for me when I was sick. Hope you feel better soon!
Two that always comfort me:
1) Manischewitz Gefilte Fish. (Small bites, right out of the jar) I had an uncle who would just leave a jar on the bedside table for me......
2) Something that a babysitter used to make for my lunch almost every day... 2 soft boiled eggs, mashed up in a soup cup with some butter and a little salt and pepper. White toast on the side. Sigh.... It's nearly 50 years later, and I still think of this as Mrs. Pulaski's Eggs.