Had to share this pizza dough recipe
Had to share this pizza dough recipe. As I've said before- I am new to this, but this is hands down the best I've tried. Tried about 10 different ones and this is a keeper. The dough is a little sticky, so you may want to decrease the water a bit.
· 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
· 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
· 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
5. Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Well, actually, my family was getting so tired of my pizza experiments that I made bread sticks and a stromboli with ham and cheese.
This recipe was billed as being an above average pizza dough as well as a close match to Pizza Hut bread sticks, which I love.
I will try a pizza soon with this recipe. It was so good in the vein that I tried that I feel sure it will work well with a pie.
i usually add sugar to my yeast to help it get going but never have I tired brown sugar. This looks pretty good, it actually is pretty close to mine, except the amount of flour may be different.... anyway I make pizza all the time, in fact I had an inkling to do it today but got side tracked. I'll whip it up this weekend and use your dough recipe and then let you know the outcome...
Sweet! Again, be warned this recipe is probably too sticky. Be prepared to add a little extra flour when you knead. Be sure and post your results Chicklet.