romantic eclectic FANTASTIC restaurant?
I have a big, much-anticipated dinner date coming up and need to knock a guy's socks off. Can you help? I'm looking for a place that is
- has amazing food, cuisine unimportant
- great atmosphere, maybe a bit on the funky/quirky side
- in Brooklyn
- moderate to cheap prices
- somewhere we won't feel like complete idiots if we're a little dressed up.
I've looked at past threads and the focus was on sleek-sexy, not lotsa personality! sexy, which is what I'm looking for. I know this is an odd and annoyingly-specific request, but if you know of a great, unique date spot, I'd LOVE to hear about it! Thank you!
al di la
moderate for what it is, and you can have
1. outrageously delicious grilled chard stems (or whatever green is subbing that night)
2. malfatti (if butter and cheese are permited)
and some delicous seasonal salad, and risotto if that's your thing,
and a gorgeous dessert.
LOVE date night at al di la . . . it's bustling but intimate