HOME > Chowhound > Home Cooking >

Double (or Triple) fried potato slices

jaykramer Dec 23, 2006 07:27 PM

Who has the technique (and temperatures) to fry potatoes so that after the second or third frying they puff up?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. m
    MakingSense RE: jaykramer Dec 23, 2006 08:02 PM

    They're called Soufflé potatoes or Pommes de Terre Soufflées. Kind of involved to do at home. Wonderful dish however! Such a shame so few restaurants do them any longer.

    This will probably be switched to Home Cooking where those with more professional training than I will be able to give you directions.

    Show Hidden Posts