Top 5 Soups in LA
Yeah, soup is an old conversation, with the winter months upon us, I thought I'd rehash it and talk about everyone's favorite soups to order.
1. Pho Dac Biet at Pho So 1 (Reseda)
2. Matzo Ball Soup at Canters (LA - Fairfax)
3. After School Special Tomato Soup at Doughboys (LA - Fairfax)
4. Tom Yam at Mandarin Express (Agoura Hills)
5. Steak Soup at Doughboys (LA - Fairfax)
Honorable Mention - the Albondigas at La Paz (Calabasas) and the Bun Bo Hue at Ngoc Hue (Garden Grove)
Cabbage soup at Brent's and, surprisingly at my local Albertson's, Clam Chowder made by Boston Market.
wor Won ton at Seafood town Torrance
Charbroiled Pork Pho PHO 88 Alhambra
Caldo De Pollo Llaamarada Lincoln Heights
La Serenata de Garibaldi in LA has good soups which they offer at the start of meals, along with quesadillas. A favorite is one made with winter squash and chicken broth.
Kung Pao Bistro: Wor Wonton Soup
Genghis Cohen: 3 Flavor Sizzling Rice Soup
Getty Center Restaurant: Chestnut Soup
Ramenya: Spicy Eggdrop with Pork