Help! Crumbly sausage balls
I just made some sausage balls- the kind with cheese, bisquick, egg, etc.
The problem is that they came out crumbly. They held their ball form, but when you bite into them they crumble.
I just brushed the tops with some melted butter in hopes that the added moisture will help keep them togther. I also placed them, warm, in an airtight container hoping that will create some humidity.
Anything else I can do to help?
This is the recipe that I used. The 2 things that I stated I did to help the crumbling worked to a degree. I think I will do another batch and add a little milk to it.
Thanks for the replies.
· 1 pound bulk ground sausage (mild or hot)
· 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
· 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
· 3 cups biscuit mix
· 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
· 1 egg, lightly beaten
· 1 tablespoon melted butter