Dinner New Years Eve
Found this listing on zagatwire of restaurants for NYE. If anyone else hears of anything exciting, please post!
# December 31: There are plenty of ways to send 2006 off in style in San Francisco and the surrounding areas.
- Cruise to midnight Southern Italian–style with A 16's seven-course tasting menu featuring the likes of fish antipasto and chestnut ravioli (seatings from 5–11 PM; $120 per person; $70 additional for wine pairings; 415-771-2216).
- "Bubbles are Us" will be the mantra at Cav Wine Bar & Kitchen, which will offer a champagne flight in conjunction with chef Christine Mullen's special four-course $50 tasting menu (seatings at 6 PM and 9:30 PM; 415-437-1770).
- Enjoy a complimentary glass of bubbly along with a six-course prix fixe menu, music and dancing at etoile, the newly revamped restaurant at Domaine Chandon, and its adjacent wine lounge, which will be transformed to resemble Hollywood's Grauman's Chinese Theater for the night (seatings from 6–9 PM; $200 per person; $255 with wine pairings; 800-736-2892).
- Executive chef Melissa Perello will prepare her final supper at the Fifth Floor on New Year's Eve, crafting both a three-course early prix fixe (5:30–7:30 PM; $95 per person) and a blow-out seven-course tasting menu (8 PM on; $225 per person; 415-348-1555).
- Maverick's five-course prix fixe dinner includes unlimited wine pouring from a select list (seatings from 5:45–6:30 PM, 7:45–8:30 PM and 9:45–10:30 PM; $65 per person; $30 additional for wine pairings with refills; 415-863-3061).
- Ring in the New Year French-style with Roland Passot's prix fixe menus at La Folie, with a five-course prix fixe for the first seating (5:30–6:30 PM; $125 per person) and a seven-course prix fixe for the second seating (8:30–10:30 PM; $195 per person, includes complimentary party favors and champagne toast; 415-776-5577).
- In addition to the regular menu, Sausalito's Poggio is hosting a "Capodonno Toscana 2006" celebration featuring a multicourse prix fixe menu (including forno-roasted Dungeness crab) served family-style, plus a complimentary glass of prosecco to toast at midnight (seatings from 5:30–9 PM, $55 per person; 415-332-7771).
- Feel at home at Range, which will be serving a three-course prix fixe that includes an all-vegetarian option (seatings from 5–10 PM; $65 per person; 415-282-8283).
- For live jazz and an Asian twist on a New Year's feast, guests can head to Shanghai 1930, where the kitchen will be preparing an elaborate five-course prix fixe menu with choices that include lobster shelled in Szechuan brandy chile, Mongolian five-spice grilled lamb chops with roasted chestnuts and wok-seared filet mignon au poivre with Chinese morels (6 PM, $85 per person; 9 PM, $135 per person, includes party favors and unlimited champagne; 415-896-5600).
- Leave the year behind living decadently at The Village Pub, where celebrants will have the option to dine on osetra caviar and perigord black truffles while the Ben Marcato Trio plays beginning at 9 PM (first seatings at 5:30 PM, 6 PM and 6:30 PM; second seatings at 8 PM, 8:30 PM and 9 PM; $100 per person for four courses; $140 per person for six courses; supplemental perigord black truffles will be offered for $40 per 10 grams; American osetra caviar will be available at market rate; 650-851-9888).