Need suggestion for group dinner spot in Berkeley
- Kitchen Imp Nov 30, 2006 03:55 AM
A research group needs a good spot for dinners with visiting speakers. Many of us are chowhounds. We've been going to Great China forever and are ready to try something new.
Here are the criteria:
1. Seating for 8-10 in an environment where everyone can participate in a group discussion (i.e., not too loud; not long, narrow tables that force you to talk only to the person directly across from you).
2. Around $25/person incl tax and tip.
3. Choices for vegetarians and other dietary restrictions.
4. Ideally within walking distance (1 mile or less) of the Berkeley campus.
5. Obviously, good food!