Cheap and Tasty Dives
Visiting San Francisco and looking for cheap (under $15) and tasty dives. Staying around 9th and Market, but will bus for food. Ethnic food recommendations especially appreciated although one of our party is deathly afraid of cockroaches, and believes they all dine on Mission burritos, so that's out. Thanks in advance!
My favorite cheap eats:
- Tu Lan - Vietnamese - near 6th Street and Market (SoMa)
- Little Delhi - Indian - Eddy and Cyril Magnin Streets (near Union Square)
- Emmy's Spaghetti Shack - Italian Comfort Food - Mission and 29th Street (Mission)
- Saigon Sandwiches - French Vietnamese sandwich - Larkin and Eddy Streets (Tenderlion)
- Swan Oyster Depot - Raw Bar/Seafood - Polk and California Streets (Polk Gulch)
- Molinari's - Italian Deli - Columbus Avenue and Vallejo (North Beach)
I could name more.. but here's a start!
Here are a few places that you can make your budget if you order carefully:
Tangerine - Pan-Asian (16th St. & Sanchez - a few blocks from Castro MUNI station) www.tangerinesf.com
Panta Rei - Italian (Columbus & Stockton - borderline of North Beach and Chinatown) www.pantareirestaurant.com
Hard Knox Cafe - Soul Food (3rd St. & 22nd St.)