Which steakhouse gets it "right" regarding how the beef is cooked?
- ipsedixit Nov 22, 2006 08:14 PM
You know, when you ask for "medium rare" and you either get a lump of charred coal or a bloody mess masquerading as steak tartare.
But some steakhouses (or chophouses) are better than others in my experience, while others are as clueless as they come.
The wildly inconsistent:
PACIFIC DINING CAR
What about you?
I find Mastro's to be spot on. Ruth's Chris is also inconsistent. Most of my experiences at PDC have been good as well.
While the sides and desserts are only so-so, the steaks are always perfect at Morton's on La Cienega in Beverly Hills.
- The original comment has been removed
Cut certainly does it right, but I don't get any of the rest:
1) the hiper hyped vibe,
2) the celebrity + voyeur + call girl density per square inch,
3) the $12 for a side of fries,
4) the attitude of everybody in the damned room & adjacent bar,
5) the $2 for a chimichurry
6) Wolfgang's clownish run arounds
(Please excuse my somewhat out of place rant)