Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Japan >
Nov 22, 2006 12:38 AM

Okashi question

I enjoy mixed wheat crackers here in NYC from the Hadson Toko Trading Co. similar to Where I buy them they are called Aji Yose.

It's several types of crackers, some sweet, some a bit spicy. However, i don't really know if they exist in Japan and/or what they are truly called. I'm hoping to find some when I go next week, but don't have a clue where to look.

Are these authentic and what are they called?


  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. The link doesn't show what you are talking about. Could you post a photo or a link to a photo?

    1 Reply
    1. re: Tripeler

      Sorry, I didn't realize the link forwarded you back to the front page. Here is a direct link to the picture:

    2. You can find that kind of stuff all over the place- i.e. supermarkets, convenience stores, etc. There's all types, including the one pictured and there's usually a whole section dedicated to sembei. You can try "depa-chika" food markets under the department stores at major train stations as well.

      1 Reply
      1. re: Silverjay

        Rockstar! Thank you very much. I can only find these at one place here in NYc so to be able to indulge myself regularly will be awesome.