Piccola Italia in Ocean, NJ.
- Angelina Nov 18, 2006 07:42 PM
We went last night and had a fabulous dinner once again!! I found out about this place over the summer when Seal posted a review on it. (Thanks Seal!) Ever since the summer we have been going here quite frequently. Last night our dinners were as follows:
Of course all homemade pasta...Gnocchi in a delicious tomato sauce, ravioli stuffed with chicken in a garlicy basil sauce, a strip steak with mashed potatoes and an array of vegatables, and my finally I had the lasanga in a veal ragu. The four of us completely enjoyed our meals! (We just had salads to start with.)
This place certainly is a jem!
My wife and I went last night and were blown away by how good it was. We over-ordered (the portions were quite large) and got the following:
0) Bread, olives, bruscetta, butternut squash soup amuse bouche
1) Butternut squash, mushroom, and goat cheese torte
2) Polenta with tomato, spicy sausage, cheese, and toasted garlic
3) Sweet potato soup with shredded pork and pumpkin seed oil
4) Goat cheese salad
5) Seared scallops with mashed potato and some kind of reduction sauce
6) Rigatoni with sausage, shrimp, broccoli rabe, tomato
7) Biscotti and gelato
Everything was excellent, and we had plenty left over to take home. Definitely one of the best restaurants in the area- don't miss out!
I've been there a number of times this year.
Very consistant and good food.
Plus, my parents live close by and they like it too ;o)