HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
What's your latest food project? Get great advice

Has anyone ever used a "Fakir Cook"? [moved from Chicago board]

saffy Oct 31, 2006 06:26 PM

I have seen this product on a European cooking product website, and wanted to know if it was worth the pricetag (abour $450). It's a type of grill with spikes that you turn upside down on a grill until they're red hot, then flip it over and cook your meat by placing it on the spikes, I think. Any comments?

  1. s
    saffy Nov 3, 2006 01:18 AM

    The J.B. Prince catalogue has them. You can search "fakir" and it will come up. I think it was invented by a chef in Spain. I came across it while looking into El Bulli.

    1. m
      Miseenplace Nov 2, 2006 09:54 PM

      Sounds dangerous! What ethnicity is this?

      Be careful

      Show Hidden Posts