[SEA] Inexpensive catering recommendations?
I'm looking for inexpensive catering options to cater a lunch for a free non-profit training we're offering. There's a caterer we usually use, of the typical "box lunch" variety and price range, but suddenly a training we thought would attract 15-20 people is attracting 70 with a waiting list of 30 - making platter type food rather than per-person type food more sensible. Here's what I'm looking for:
- Inexpensive and charges by general platters rather than $$/person
- Tasty, of course
- Able to meet dietary restrictions - there's at least one strictly gluten-free, a few wheat-frees, vegans, vegetarians, low-carbs etc
- Able to deliver in central/south Seattle - possibly local to that area
- Ideally ethnic food of some sort, perhaps Mexican or SE Asian, but this is not a requirement
- Can do buffet-style catering rather than individual portions
- Does not need more than 1-2 weeks notice
Would love any suggestions! Thank you in advance.
Aloha BBQ in Renton. 425-721-4451.
They are Hawaiian with a Filipino/Japanese leaning.
Often they feature a penakbet special, a vegetarian Filipino dish, and also feature lots of seafood (Garlic shrimp, treiyaki black cod, salads, etc. in addition to Kalbi ribs, chicken etc.
They're downright inexpensive, and very good.