favorite brunch place in park slope?
usual top picks are applewood and stone park cafe. i hear rose water does a good brunch, and chestnut in carroll gardens. what are your favorites for good weekend brunch in the neighborhood - both of the nicer caliber, like those mentioned, or totally casual?
For going all out: Stone Park (def. prefer it to Rosewater in this category)
For fantastic brunch on the (pretty) cheap: Cousin John's
For great experience for the price: Beso
i like the rosewater for the brunch. they make a great salt cod cake that goes well with poached farm fresh eggs.
I second Beso, no place has a more creative menu and great prices. Duck empenadas are sensational and huevos rancheros are a staple for my wife and I.
great! i will put miriam's and beso on my list to try. we ended up having brunch on saturday at stone park cafe. a few notes:
* we got there at 11, not long after they'd opened, which was great for getting a good table
* the loud rock music had to go - even my black sabbath loving friend said it was too much for her - but they did turn it down upon request.
* the raspberry champagne cocktail was delicious but too much juice and not enough champage - i think it's supposed to be at least 1/2 or 2/3 champagne
* the potatoes were all delicious!
* the quesadilla with tomatillo sauce was also delicious
* pancakes were tasty
* my scrambled eggs were done wonderfully - not overcooked
i'll chime in on beso. at brunchtime, they serve a basket of these silver dollar cornmeal pancakes — i forget what they're called — that are a little bit sweet and very delcious.