Little Bites - Downtown PA
I am thinking of taking my wife out on a date this Friday in downtown PA and instead of just going to one restaurant for a sit down meal, I am thinking of going Spanish tapas bar style and stopping in for a small bite at a few different places. I think that we might enjoy hopping from place to place - and I'm hoping that I can identify a reliable dish or two from each restaurant and string together a "best of" type dinner experience.
So I'm looking for restaurant (and dish) suggestions that fit the following:
- In downtown PA (we're taking the train to University Ave and will be walking)
- Has a bar where we can order food or otherwise comfortable and low-key dining area where it won't matter that we are just going to eat an appetizer, salad, or snack
- Will not require a long wait to eat as I just want to meander from place to place without having to wait too long for food
- I am thinking that we will prefer getting an appetizer / small plate or two from each place as opposed to an entree
Here are some of the options that I already have in mind:
- bar at Zibibbo for an appetizer
- Bistro Maxine for a savory or sweet crepe
- Satura Cakes or Coupa Cafe for coffee & dessert
I am curious about:
- Three Seasons or Tamarine: Do either of these places have a bar?
The bar/lounge area at Zibibbo is fine for what you want. The oven roasted mussels and pizzas are especially good. An alternative for small plates is Lavanda which also has a comfortable bar/lounge and specializes in Mediterranean small plates. http://www.lavandarestaurant.com/menu...
Both Tamarine and Three Seasons have bars that are fun to hang out at. Both bars can get a bit crowded on Friday nights but it's worth a stroll. If you get to Tamarine early, they have a happy hour that I believe ends 6, though it could be 5. Appetizers are all half off during happy hour, so that would be a good deal for you. Evvia also has a smallish bar that one can walk in to eat at. I second the oven skillet mussels at Zibibbo, also like the mushroom pizza.