Anyone eaten recently at Da Hukilau
I LOVE Hawaiian food and dis hound can't find ono local grinds in Nebraska.
Will visit SF next weekend and saw Da Hukilau's menu and I'm jonesin' for some portagee bean soup and spam musubi.
Any hounds had a recent visit?
There are 3 locations:
* Palo Alto is closed on Sundays
* San Jose is closed on Mondays
* San Francisco is closed on Tuesdays
My favorites are:
* mixed ahi and tako poke
* chicken katsu loco moco or fried rice with 2 easy over eggs (good hang over cure)
* salmon (medium rare) and teriyaki short ribs combo
The Hawaiian food is ok here but I like the atmosphere & decent sized portions. You'll see alot of young asians chowing down here. Used to be more fun when they had the bartender that does flair bartending. So fun to watch him light the bottles up & fling them around. Be prepared to wait in line if you come during dinner time on the weekend