HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Do you create unique foods? Tell us about it

Comments on latest Calphalon series

bewley Sep 9, 2006 02:23 PM

Is it me or does anyone else miss the old “Professional” hard-anodized series of Calphalon pots/pans??

The new Calphalon One infused anodized series just doesn’t match up to the former with regards to durability and functionality IMO. The Professional series had a straight rim vs the flanged rim of the One series. The tops of the former were flat metal, now they’re either glass or arched. The handles on the Professional were polished stainless steel; now it is brushed. It appears the company made a gradual shift from the “Professional” to “Commercial” and finally to “One.”

You can find hard-anodized aluminum pots in certain restaurant supply stores, but they are really expensive.

  1. ChowFun_derek Sep 9, 2006 02:41 PM

    The "flanged" rim is to aid in pouring things from the pan...the older ones were notoriously difficult...can't comment on the rest....

    Show Hidden Posts