Fancy family meal/private room in E. Valley/ N. Scott/NE Phx?
Hello. I am looking for a fancy schmancy (but not too fancy) place for a family dinner of 7 to celebrate a special event. I am looking for a place that has ambiance but it not as expensive as T. Cook's or Mary Elaine's. My family are def. chowhounds, not foodies. They eat A LOT and heartily.
Here are the requirements:
1) Not Mexican (but I may consider Roaring Fork)
2) Anywhere along the 101 on the E. Valley stretch, meaning starting from around Queen Creek to all the way up to Desert Ridge area. But not necc. Biltmore area, for example.
3) Ample portions. Again, my family eats a lot.
4) Something impressive.
5) Maybe has a private room?
6) Good red wine/cocktail selection?
7) Some place we haven't been before (this may be hard?) but we have not been to that many restaurants in the Scottsdale area)
8) Steak and Italian is good. Not so much Asian ethnic (since we eat that all the time) Seafood - maybe?
We were thinking aobut $50 a head, incl tax, tip and alcohol. Ya'll want to come, huh? :)
I was thinking maybe the following - can you guys give me some input?
Some possibilities -
This is to take place in the next month or two, hopefully.
I've been to private dinners at:
House of Tricks. This is my choice for a cool little local place. It would definitely fit your budget. The other two, maybe not so much.
A little west of your area: Coupes des Tartes
Each them offers private dining rooms.
Agree that Mortons and Capital Grill and Drinkwaters will be out of the price range. I'd suggest you consider Flemings. Two locations. Maggiano's is another one that has private rooms in that price range.
Two places come to mind:
1. Atlas Bistro - while not typically good for "groups" I think some advance planning would make this viable. Good food, great wine.
2515 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85257-1352
2. Bloom which is on Scottsdale Road at Gainey Ranch (which I think is Via de Ventura off the 101) has a private room. While I think the room will hold up to 20 people it would likely work well. I also think they would try to accomodate your small group and may even be able to arrange a tasting menu for the event that would be more than satisfying. None the less I find their entrees to be good portions - and have never lest hungry.
8877 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
Lunch: Monday – Saturday 11 am – 3pm
Dinner: Monday – Thursday 5 pm – 10 pm
Friday – Saturday 5pm – 10:30pm
Sunday 5pm – 9:30 pm