- tastelessfruit Jul 23, 2006 05:03 PM
what are they called? the ones often found in markets shrink wrapped and an odd red color?
- The original comment has been removed
On 'lap cheong'...
The two main types are pork (lighter color) and 'liver' (darker red/brown). There have been more and more variations in the ingredients and fat level. The 'liver' version is typically made with fowl liver (duck typically).
- steam whole and slice after cooling
- slice and pan or deep fry
- steam on top of other dish or carb (rice/chinese potatoes?)
- dice and mix in with turnip cakes or other steamed dish
- use as flavouring in cooked dishes
- similar to the way you might use pancetta but for chinese dishes.