- tastelessfruit Jul 23, 2006 05:03 PM
what are they called? the ones often found in markets shrink wrapped and an odd red color?
The original comment has been removed
On 'lap cheong'...
The two main types are pork (lighter color) and 'liver' (darker red/brown). There have been more and more variations in the ingredients and fat level. The 'liver' version is typically made with fowl liver (duck typically).
- steam whole and slice after cooling
- slice and pan or deep fry
- steam on top of other dish or carb (rice/chinese potatoes?)
- dice and mix in with turnip cakes or other steamed dish
- use as flavouring in cooked dishes
- similar to the way you might use pancetta but for chinese dishes.