Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Jul 22, 2006 06:20 PM

Fondue Set?

Anyone recommend a good fondue set for home use? You that won't burn the house down?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. I have an electric one I've been using for years, does cheese and fondue bourginon well, doubles as a small deep fryer.

    1. I like the old Le Creuset fondue pots. Thet have an iron holder that suspends the pot over the burner.

      Also, because it's a Le Creuset you can make your fondue right in the pot on the stove before you serve it in the holder.

      You can usually find one on EBay.

      1 Reply
      1. re: bogie

        I still eat fondue out of saucepan. But when I get around to buying one, enamelled cast iron (such as Le Creuset) seems to be the way to go. You want a material that is heavy, will retain heat, and will evenly distribute the heat.

      2. The traditional tool is a caquelon, a ceramic pot, which you can put on the stove. Works better than Le Creuset's enameled cast iron.

        Somebody was asking for nice forks on the General board:

        1. The original comment has been removed