Tortilla Factory in Herndon
in herndon.. a nice little place.. pretty good food. but the best part is the salsa and chips (and lots of other things) you can get to go. if you live near herndon seek this place out. i also like taquiero pablano in del ray.
I actually have eaten there twice and thought the food was subpar, at best. I went once expecting great things only to be disappointed. Then went again over a year later, thinking perhaps the first time was just a bad day, but again, the food was sub-standard.
It used to be better, or maybe that was in comparison to other options. I think honestly the truth lies with both of those options.
There are now a nice range of options for more authentic tacos, including:
- The taco truck on Rt 7 near Baron Cameron
- Lakeside cafe in Lake Anne (the steak is incredible)
- The mercado in the parking lot of Lake Anne (though service stinks here)
- The place in the Sterling clock tower (same goes for service)
- The market behind the McD's on Elden - near Teocalli
- He's been spotty this year, but on Sundays at South Lakes park there's a truck for the soccer games
- There's a truck on South Lakes but on the west side of Reston Pkwy but it's there at night so the guy lives there - not sure yet where he sets up during the day.
but the chips and salsa to go is soo cool... chevys is actually pretty good for a chain. i love those fresh fruit margaritas.. great ice texture
I was always a fan of Anita's myself but I haven't been there nor to Tortilla Factory in 5+ years...