NEED a new MICROWAVE
Mine, from 1991, just died. Can anyone suggest a really good family-friendly one? Thanks so much!
Over a year ago I had to replace my microwave that I had for a long time. The choices were intimidating, there are so many bells and whistles ... I'm not that type of person ... I want something as simple as possible. I don't enjoy all the options.
Here was my strategy ...
I went to an appliance store. My thought a sales person would know the difference. I got a dud salesperson who wasn't willing to take the time.
I bought a pricy model, not knowing the benefits, for three reasons
- I always buy top-of-the-line. It saves money in the long run and I'm not a shopper. I hate replacing things.
- It had the option of being a countertop model or could be attached to a cabinet to save counter space.
- It came in black. I had white - it yellows. Stainless steel shows fingerprints.
I LOVE my GE Spacemaker II. The two things that appealed to the simple-minded in me.
- It always delivers the finished food to the front of the door. It times the revolutions so that I never have to reach the back of the oven for food.
- If I press the number 1 - it runs for one minute, 2 - two minutes ...etc. There is also a button to increase time by 30 seconds.
It is a very inuitive oven and I even know how to set the clock, if I want to, without looking it up in a manual.
What did you like about your old micro-wave? I guess with a family you would like a larger oven.
Here are some on-line buying guides. Hope you will report back on what you purchased and how you liked it.