HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
What's your latest food project? Share your adventure


LAURENROBERT Jul 4, 2006 08:09 PM


  1. r
    Ron DeLay Oct 22, 2008 06:26 PM

    This site has them http://pommesfrites.ecrater.com/index...

    1. c
      chefjim Nov 3, 2007 08:04 PM

      did you find those cones? I am looking for them too

      1. t
        tclancy Oct 6, 2007 01:16 PM

        Ebay has them just search belgian frites or belgian cones

        They are actually from the store in NY

        1. b
          bellaperla Sep 29, 2007 12:25 AM

          I dont know if you still need the info,but I hope this will help somebody.
          these are actually german "SPITZTUETEN",they use them in the Imbiss stands
          so if you want more info,just google it,spitztueten

          1. s
            sdia Sep 28, 2007 09:02 AM

            I just saw this query b/c of a google search for paper cones, and came across this. I know it is late, but better late than never: try this place...


            1. l
              LAURENROBERT Dec 4, 2006 03:46 PM

              I actually have a non-profit organization of individuals with disabilities producing the cones for us. They are a little pricey, but it is a worthwhile cause.

              1. e
                EclecticEater Nov 19, 2006 09:49 PM

                Hopefully, this will do it for you...

                This is a poor substitute but it might do in a pinch:


                More of a tray but, what the hey:


                And now, tad ah, the right bag for you:


                P.S. Sorry it's not a cone but sometimes those cones are made not bought.

                1. d
                  dodgerbuddy Nov 18, 2006 12:46 AM


                  Were you ever able to find the parchment cones you were looking for? I too am trying to locate 'em. Did you have to make contact overseas? Can you inform me where you found 'em plz?

                  Thanks a bunch!!

                  1. t
                    The Blissful Glutton Jul 19, 2006 04:03 PM

                    I use paper coffee filters.

                    1. f
                      fatboy44 Jul 16, 2006 10:56 PM

                      go to http://www.breadbaskets.com/ Please note: there is a minimum order and I am not sure for how much. The paper cones come is several sizes. The ones I bought are 7 by 7 inches when they are folded down. Opened as a cone they look a bit larger and they hold a fairly large order of frites. I left this post on the international board as well. Good luck and let me know if this was of help to you.

                      1. l
                        LAURENROBERT Jul 15, 2006 12:50 AM

                        Check out this photo:

                        THIS is what I need from a source here in the USA!

                        1 Reply
                        1. re: LAURENROBERT
                          fatboy44 Jul 16, 2006 11:05 PM

                          If I would have seen this post first I would not have responded with mine, however, the people at breadbaskets.com are very nice. I would send them a email with your cone photo and ask them if it is available here. I'll bet you it is not but they would know better then I, good luck. By the way, I have things send to me from Europe all the time, why not order them there.

                        2. n
                          Nancy Berry Jul 14, 2006 04:39 PM

                          I think that the cones that you're looking for are available here:


                          1. h
                            hummingbird Jul 12, 2006 03:45 AM

                            If this is what you are looking for, it seems like you should just make your own. Do you have a problem with that because you need to make a lot of them?


                            Did you try the international board for a source? I've tried doing a bunch of different google searches, but nothing is coming up other than what all of us have posted.

                            Good luck.

                            1. l
                              LAURENROBERT Jul 12, 2006 01:42 AM

                              I am so bummed that nobody has come up with a source for these paper cones. They are not snowcone cones. Anyone who has experienced Belgian Frittes will know what I'm talking about. It HAS to be the cones from Belgium!!!

                              1 Reply
                              1. re: LAURENROBERT
                                dodgerbuddy Nov 17, 2006 05:45 PM

                                Were you ever able to find the parchment cones you were looking for? I too am trying to locate 'em. Did you have to make contact overseas? Can you inform me where you found 'em plz?

                                Thanks a bunch!!

                              2. h
                                hummingbird Jul 7, 2006 03:22 AM

                                try here:


                                1. l
                                  LAURENROBERT Jul 7, 2006 01:21 AM

                                  Thanks, I might have to resort to origami if all else fails! I am trying to accomodate a large quantity of fries in these cones & the ready-made ones have a reinforced seam. I KNOW that someone out there has the info - if only they'll share it!!!!

                                  1. b
                                    bogie Jul 6, 2006 06:17 PM

                                    Make your own!

                                    All you have to do is cut a square of parchment or wax paper, bring two of the opposite ends together, fold one inside and tape the other outside. When you do that, you will form a cone that has a triangular piece jutting out from the top. Fold this into the cone and tape it down for added strength and voila you have a paper cone.

                                    Use the same tecnique to make a pastry bag, cutting the bottom of the cone to your needs.

                                    1 Reply
                                    1. re: bogie
                                      kinwart Dec 2, 2006 02:35 PM

                                      Oh thanks! I was wondering how to do that!

                                    2. f
                                      foodieX2 Jul 4, 2006 08:52 PM

                                      I have used snow cone cups with good luck. You can buy them at any party store or big box retailer.

                                      1. georgeb Jul 4, 2006 08:48 PM

                                        I don't know if this is large enough, but check this out...


                                        1 Reply
                                        1. re: georgeb
                                          LAURENROBERT Jul 5, 2006 01:56 AM

                                          Many of the restaurants that sell belgian fries have what appears to be a parchment paper style cone - these cones come in three or four sizes & I am hoping to locate them.

                                        Show Hidden Posts