Client dinner (10 people) in D.C. - suggestions needed
I need some help finding a good location for a 10 person celebratory business dinner in D.C.
Here are the parameters:
1) Cost needs to be under $200/head, including wine
2) Good chocolate desserts are a priority
3) My client is not a "food person" per se, so simple straightforward food will be best
4) Private room or chef's table is preferred...I would like to do something that feels very celebratory
5) Close to a metro stop is useful, but not essential
Thanks very much for any/all suggestions....
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but how about Fogo de Chao? http://www.fogodechao.com/ It's near metro center. I haven't been to the one here in DC but the one in Chicago was really nice. I went there with a grop of co-workers for a celebration dinner and we numbered about 24.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping for something a bit different than a Brazillian Steakhouse...perhaps American, French, Italian. Plus I could not tell whether they had good chocolate desserts, which is key.
I suggest Bistro Bis.
1) Cost is arounnd $100/head, including wine (great wine offerings)
2) Good chocolate desserts - see website. They often have a warmed chocalate cake with a liquid chocolcae center that is AMAZING!
3) My client is not a "food person" per se - there are simple food options like steak and halibut.
4) Private room or chef's table is preferred - no help here, but the tables are well spaced.
5) Close to a metro stop is useful -
Union Station is two blocks away.
The Oceanaire Seafood Room is a swank kinda place that's fun. They have very fresh seafood in both straighforward (simply grilled or broiled, crab cakes, steamed mussels etc) or interesting preps (black and bleu marlin, soy blasted mahi mahi).
Plus they have an enormous chocolate brownie thing and all sorts of retro desserts. Wine list is great too, might be a little pricey.
For most of the client meetings I do, we do either Kinkeads or 1789. Both are a superb all-around experience with great wine and deserts.
For a Chef's Table, there is Galileo which could be nice.
Other suggestions would be Komi or Eve which are superb, but may be too much for your client if they are a meat and potatoes people.
701 has a private room that can seat 10 and their chocolate top hat dessert is wonderful. The chef can prepare a special menu for you and the cost would be much less than $200 per head, unless you really pour on the liquor. It's right at a Metro stop (Archives/Navy Memorial)
I guess it's a little late, but I LOVE taking people to Buca di Beppo. It's on Connecticut Ave a few blocks north of DuPont, and they have the most delicious southern-Italian food, plus the best atmosphere! They have a great back room for private seating, and the desserts are pretty amazing. Everything is served family-style (i.e. portions are ginormous), so for 10 people you'd probably get 5 or 6 dishes and share them all around.
It's all at http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
Thanks for all of your help. We went to Tosca, and they did an excellent job with the food and private room. I would definitely consider that place for my next D.C. event.