Need appetizer ideas
Any suggestions for an appetizer to take to a potluck next weekend? It needs to be able to travel several hours in a cooler to its destination. I have time to make something in advance, but seem to be drawing blanks as to what. Thank you all! Meagan
Eggplant with tomatoes
This is a delicious dish. Eggplant is known to be a very popular appetizer especially among Middle Easterns. In this recipe, it is served like pickles.
Main ingredients Eggplants, Tomatoes
Time of preparation 15 Minutes
Time of cooking 15 Minutes
Ingredients 2 Eggplant ,medium size
4 Tomatoes ,medium size
2 Onions ,medium size
2 Green Chili Pepper
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic ,crushed
1/2 cup Vinegar
Sunflower Oil ,for deep frying
Directions 1. Peel and slice eggplants and place in a bowl of salt and water.
2. Deep-fry eggplants over high heat then set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
3. In a skillet heat olive oil and garlic. Stir for 2 minutes until golden.
4. Add tomatoes, onions and chili pepper and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
5. Add 1/4cup vinegar and remove from heat.
6. Arrange eggplant slices to form one layer on a platter; cover with tomato mixture and sprinkle with the other 1⁄4 cup vinegar.
A couple of weeks ago I made and traveled with "Gougeres" They were easy and yummy and very elegant. I used the recipe from ArthurSchwartz.com
Served them with a wedge of pate and some folks cut the gougeres in half and made a little sandwich with a slice of the pate. There is also a similar recipe for gougeres in Ina Garten's Barefoot in Paris cookbook. Be sure to use good quality cheese.