Cookbook Incentive -- Chip In for Chowhound
- Val Ann C Oct 5, 2005 07:54 AM
Chowhound.com needs funds to keep going (see Jim Leff's posting linked below).
If you enjoy the Chowhound site, please consider helping them to pay bandwith expenses.
As an incentive, I will ship one of my cookbooks, listed below, to four people who make an honor system payment of any amount. E-mail me a copy of your contribution receipt (delete your credit card info) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also send the address where you want the book shipped. This offer is good "while supplies last".
These books are in good condition, but some have marks and notations.
1. These two pamphlets come as a bundle:
"Mighty Mo's What's Cooking?" Monroe Auto Equipment Company, Monroe, Mich, 1970. Pamphlet with approximately 35 recipes.
"Happy Holidays" Lyntegar Electric Cooperative, Tahoka, TX, circa 1970. Pamphlet with approximately 75 recipes.
2. "Better Homes and Gardens All-Time Favorite Bread Recipes", 1979. 90 pages, hardcover, illustrated.
3. "Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant - Ethnic Regional Recipes from the Cooks at the Legendary Restaurant", 1990. 700 pages, paperback. This book is still in print. You can see it on Amazon.
4. "Olives - The Life and Lore of a Noble Fruit" by Mort Rosenblum, 1996. A history of olive cultivation - with a few recipes. 315 pages, paperback. This book is still in print. You can see it on Amazon.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD. If you have questions, you're welcome to contact me at the email address above.
(Disclaimer: I am doing this offer on my own. The Chowhound folks are not involved.)