I've recently started to make goats cheeses at home. Consiquently I have a lot of whey left over.
Does anyone know of any recipes that I can use for this or must I continue feeding it to the dog/cats/ferrets/compost heap?
Thanks a bunch
1) Use it instead of milk or water when making bread.
2) Use it instead of water when brewing beer (adds sweetness and mouthfeel - 'milk stout')
3) A refreshing drink. (About one glass is as much as I ever want. Add sugar.)
4) Make riccota (bring to 200 F, add vinegar, strain through very fine cheesecloth, moisten with cream if desired.)
5) Make gjetost (boil down to a paste, enrich with cream if desired.)
6) Feed it to the dog, the pig, the chickens, the compost pile, the houseplants... but please don't feed it to your cat; she can't digest it.