Recommendations for London - 20 people.
- Michael Apr 23, 2001 11:09 AM
I'll be in London in June, and need to take 20 European clients to a restaurant that will "blow their socks off". I'm not looking for anything to stuffy. I tried to get a reservation at Gordon Ramsay, but they won't take reservations until 30 days out. I need to confirm now...any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.
At that number, you may find problems ( why I don't know, but I guess the good restaurants are so successful, they can turn business away )
I can suggest the following where I have had great dinners with large numbers of clients
1) L'odeon - still very consistent and the service is impeccable- Just off Regent St
2) Claridges - not sure how it is now that Mr Ramsay is involved but always had been entirely wonderful
3) The Square ( Mayfair ) has a superb private dining room which should fit 20 - pricey but well done
4) High Holborn - just got its first star and the food and service, I think, are the best in town right now
Hope this helps