- nyzine Oct 18, 2005 11:58 AM
So Zagats came out with Daisy Mays BBQ at the top of this list. I have had it a few times...tastes great but so expensive and overall not a lot for your money (the side of rice and beans are a joke! I mean they cost 2 cents to make might as well give a full portion).
1)what you all thought the top overall was
2)what you thought the best value was
My fav's include"
1. Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem, a transplant from Syracuse that I enjoyed while going to school there
2. Biscuit for it's closeness to my home and its vinegary Carolina style bbq.
3. Virgil's for it's variety
4. RIB for it's location and decor
I spent 10 years living in the South (I call it my years in exile from NY), and have reached one sad conclusion.
Unfortunately, the BBQ in NY is the one single type of cuisine where we just "don't get it done."
Dallas BBQ in midtown is not awful (best value), and Virgil's is okay too (probably best of a mediocre bunch).