Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Alex Oct 19, 1999 11:33 AM
I am searching for the restaurant in NYC that serves the best spaghetti and meatballs in the city. Any and all leads would be appreciated.
Here are some restaurants, all traditional Italian-American places that should serve hearty, homey meatballs on your spaghetti:
1. Gino's, Lexington Ave. between 60th and 61st
2. Trattoria Spaghetto, on the corner of Carmine and Bleecker
3. Andy's Colonial Tavern, First Ave. and 116th St.
4. Patsy's Restaurant, 56th St. between Broadway and Eighth Ave.
I've never had spaghetti and meatballs at the following places, but I bet it would be good there:
1. Bamonte's, Williamsburg just off Meeker (BQE)... look up the exact address
2. Tommaso's, Bensonhurst, 86th St. between 14th and 15th Aves.
3. Two Toms, Gowanus, Fifth Ave. somewhere (look up the address)
4. Rao's, Manhattan, corner of 114th St. and Pleasant (but you better know someone who can get you in)
Let us know the results of your search... spaghetti and meatballs is one of my fave dishes ever, and it's so often disappointing. Good luck!
- The original comment has been removed