Slanted Door Relocation
Just made a res at SD for a few weeks from now and was told that they'll be in their new temporary location in South Beach. At first I thought, fine, but now I'm worried...will things be running smoothly? I wonder if I should cancel. Any thoughts?
Usually a new restaurant needs some time to get on its feet so you will be taking a chance. Do you feel lucky? Are you willing to cut them slack? If you want to be guaranteed perfect food and perfect service, you should cancel. That said, the staff has been working together for a long time and their menu shouldn't need work. Also, the move is May 1, so I bet they're on they feet by May 15. When is your visit?
I've been waiting for the move with excitement because they will be within walking distance of my office. Yeehaw! Slanted Door for Lunch!!!
re: Rochelle McCune
Hmmm...maybe not feeling lucky enough. My res is for 5/3...very soon after the move. Although I would cut some slack...I just wanted that familiar SD experience and don't know if it will live up to it.
By the way, I think we work for the same company...only I'm in San Bruno, so no SD lunches for me! :(